Kunming and Chengdu Delegation
Kunming and Chengdu Delegation organised by AustCham Myanmar and AustCham West China in collaboration with Austrade
AustCham Myanmar in cooperation with AustCham West China, and supported by Austrade, is seeking expressions of interest to join a delegation of Australian companies and members based in Myanmar, to visit Chengdu and Kunming.
The proposed dates for the visit are from 23 - 27 April 2019 - this time frame will allow for a 72 hour visa on arrival to be obtained for entry in to China. Estimated cost to join the delegation is USD$1,500- $2,000 per attendee including return economy airfares Yangon-Kunming-Chengdu-
Sichuan and Yunnan are key and growing sources of trade and investment with Myanmar under the Belt and Road Initiative and there are opportunities for AustCham Myanmar members to collaborate with Chinese companies as these links grow. Facilitation will be arranged with the assistance of Austrade and AustCham West China which should make for highly productive discussions.
The program will target Chengdu and Kunming companies that have current or potential interests in Myanmar. Depending on industries represented by delegates, these may include Yunnan Construction Group, West Hope and Sichuan Development Group. Focus sectors will be tailored according to members’ interests but could include agribusiness, mining, energy and infrastructure. The program will also include engagement with Australian Government and AustCham representatives in West China to provide insights on local market conditions and opportunities.
Please respond by 11 March 2019 if you are interested to join this delegation. We will then be in contact with interested parties to work on tailoring an agenda and further costings.
This delegation is open to members of AustCham Myanmar. If you are interested in joining up as a member please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At this stage the draft agenda is as follows (subject to change). Please note that we will work separately with those of you who confirm attendance to do our best to arrange your desired industry level meetings in each city.
- Arrive in Chengdu in the evening
- Morning: Meeting with Department of Commerce Sichuan
- Afternoon: Tour of Urban Planning Exhibition Centre
- Evening: Industry level matching with customers from construction, mining, retail, potential investors to Myanmar and Australia etc. (attendees depending on final delegation audience) Night: AustCham Myanmar and AustCham West China dinner (AustCham West China members and customers)
- Morning: ANZAC Dawn Service and Panda Breeding Centre
- Afternoon: Fly over to Kunming
- Evening: Dinner with AustCham Yunnan members and Austrade Kunming representatives (possibly including Australian investors such as Costa, Lynch and Austfor)
- Morning: Visit to Belt Road Initiative Association (this will be an opportunity to meet Yunnan companies currently investing in Myanmar)
- Afternoon: Visit to South Asia Institute- Myanmar Studies and the Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation (BOFTEC)
- Evening: TBC
- Fly back to Myanmar or delegation attendees could continue on with their own travel plans.